Is your roof stained with unsightly black streaks? Is it time for a new roof?
Those black marks are from algae growth. Algae forms a black coating to protect itself from ultraviolet rays.
Roof algae is a problem for many homeowners around the U.S., especially in Southeastern areas. Algae spores are spread by the wind and can affect entire neighborhoods in just a few years, decreasing everyone’s home values.
Known for keeping stains away on furniture and upholstery, the trusted name of the 3M brand brings you another innovative product to protect your home from stains – this time on your roof!
The Scotchgard™ Algae Resistant Roofing System by 3M used in many shingles today guards against roof algae for up to 20 years, and is the single most effective algae prevention solution available:
• Virtually no long-term maintenance, saving you money over life of the roof
• Expanded options in shingle color selection
• Enhances homes overall visual appearance and curb appeal
• Increases value to you and your neighbors
• Do not need to replace roof as often — avoid polluting the environment with old stained shingles
• Contributes to living a more environmentally friendly lifestyle
• No water or harsh chemicals needed — Do not need to pressure clean
• Will retain its good looks for years and years
Shingles manufactured with the Scotchgard™ Algae Resistant Roofing System from 3M use copper “granules” to prevent algae growth –these granules are coated with a copper oxide containing ceramic coating. Copper protects the shingles from growing algae.
This is the only algae resistant system effective enough to earn the Scotchgard name. Shingle manufacturers using the System are Atlas (east of the Rockies) and PABCO and Malarkey (west of the Rockies).
The Scotchgard System enables a roof to retain its natural beauty and performance which helps to increase the home’s overall value. Consumers know and trust the Scotchgard brand.
So, raise the roof and prevent algae discoloration for years to come with Scotchgard™ Algae Resistant Roofing System by 3M.
-Courtest of Atlas Roofing Corporation