Over the past few months, we all have had a number of home improvement ideas have been added to our to-do list. While some of those tasks may be bigger in nature, ie; remodeling your home, there are some quick fixes to help get your home exterior ready for your family to enjoy!
Improve your home exterior
- Create an outdoor living space – Flip through a home décor magazine, browse Pinterest, or HOUZZ.com for some inspiration, and do a rough sketch of what you want in your outdoor living space. Just because the three-piece iron bistro set is on sale, doesn’t mean that’s the best furniture solution for your space.
- If you’re looking for an intimate setting for entertaining or just relaxing as a family, look for comfortable couches, a lounge-style table and an indoor/outdoor rug. A couple of garden stools and some plants can also add warmth and personality.
- If you want a dining area, choose a table and chair set that fits your space. Here, too, a rug will finish the space nicely.
Tip: Measure your space BEFORE you go shopping. You don’t want to end up with pieces that won’t fit properly when you get them home.
- Hang those plants! Add a touch of color to your backyard with some potted and hanging plants. The bright, bold colors will be a beautiful complement to any landscape.
Tip: When it comes to selecting plants and flowers, play around with height as well as color. We also love contrasting textures; the bold broad leaf of a hosta paired with the neat structure of a boxwood creates instant visual interest.
- Landscape! Keeping the lawn trim and shrubs pruned is an easy fix for making your backyard look its best.
- Wash your siding! Get your home looking fresh by cleaning its exterior! For best results, siding must be washed annually using non-abrasive household cleansers. It is important to test cleansers on a small area to ensure they do not damage the finish. Rinse siding surface thoroughly after applying cleanser.
Follow these easy steps:
- Close all windows and doors and cover shrubs or flowers in close proximity to the house.
- Rinse siding with a hose to get rid of surface dirt and dust.
- Wash with warm water and mild detergent. Mix the solution in a bucket and use a large brush to wash the siding from top to bottom.
- Rinse entire home right away from top to bottom (with a hose) and make sure all soap and debris are removed.
Once this is done, your home will be looking its best, inside and out. Now it`s time to enjoy it!